Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Thrifty Decor Chick




Yep - that pretty much sums it up.

Let me introduce you to Sarah.

(from her blog...)

" Hello! My name is Sarah.
I love decorating on the cheap.
I love Goodwill and thrift stores.
I love molding and the amazing difference it makes in any home.
I love being creative.
I love saying "lurve" and "caaaute" any chance I get.
I love copying a $200 piece and making my own, but better, for less than $20.
I love New York City so much we got married there.
I love painting walls, furniture, the cat -- if it makes the cat look better.
I love NKOTB.
I love God for this life I
lead.
I love you all for reading my goofiness.
And most of all, I love my husband and children, for their complete support, love and understanding (especially when it comes to NKOTB). "

Sarah has a unique creativity to not only design wonderful looks in her home but also to do it on a budget. I feel like it is so easy for "cheap" decorating to actually look "cheap" but Sarah has a way of making all things fab-u-lous.

Look how great this look is for her son's room. Now, I don't have a boy but I can imagine so many different directions with something like this. How creative and "out of the box"!
Don't worry... she includes step by step directions AND pictures.


How about this for some help... TOOL SCHOOL! Forget about being intimidated by those tools. Ok, maybe I am still a little intimidated to start a project using these but I still love the lesson. Baby steps, right?




I even love how down to earth and real that Sarah is. While every corner of her home is decorated, I appreciate that is is able to share a bit of reality. While in most pictures, her home looks like this...


... life catches up with us and you might find toys or other projects lying around.
You will have to click HERE to see the "in real life" pictures.

This is one of my favorites...
Once upon a time there was carpet on those stairs. What a project! I am not sure I would ever have the guts to pull up my carpet on my stairs and figure out how to make the underneath look that great. Hmm... maybe one day... I'll invite Sarah to my house ;)

With a little bit of humor and an honesty that you can relate to (including decor mishaps), Thrifty Decor Chick is definitely worth checking out.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great blog, on my way to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am blushing!! That was a great post, thank you so much! :) I'm so glad you enjoy the blog.

    ReplyDelete